White Mountain Central Railroad Days
September 13 and 14, 2014
Revel in the rich history of railroading for a weekend of special excursions on the White Mountain Central Railroad. Rail fans can ride steam locomotives and see rare and unique equipment on display.
Baldwin, Climax and Porter steam locomotives and a GE 65-ton diesel engine will be in operation on this spectacular weekend.
Below is the proposed schedule of events for 2014 Railroad Days.
- 10:00 Equipment move to North side of covered bridge
- 10:15 Caboose ride with photo opportunities
- 10:30 Parade of trains South through the covered bridge
- 10:45 & 11:00 Railbus rides from Bumper Boat Crossing
- 11:30 Passenger train with Climax locomotive
- 11:35 Caboose ride on freight train
- 12:30 Double Header passenger train (Climax/Baldwin)
- 12:35 Caboose Rides on freight train
- 1:20 Caboose rides to Woods Siding
- 1:25 Baldwin to Woods Siding
- 1:30 Passenger train with Climax locomotive
- 2:30 Passenger train with water stop
- 2:35 Caboose rides on freight train
- 3:00 & 3:15 Railbus rides from Bumper Boat Crossing
- 3:30 Double Header passenger train (Climax pushing and Baldwin pulling)
- 3:35 Caboose rides on freight train
- 4:00 Baldwin with log trucks trucks and Porter up the main line - photo opportunities at the covered bridge.
- ALL DAY! Porter Steam locomotive & 100 car on River Bank Run
- ALL DAY! Steam Road Roller in action at wood pile
- ALL DAY! Ammonoosuc Valley Railway model display in Fire Station
- ALL DAY! Shay & Heisler locomotives on display.
Motive power subject to change.